9.22.2010

Our guest bathroom toilet has been running for months. Being my sometimes-lazy self, I decided to just turn off the water and stop using that toilet. Easy fix! But then, a few days ago, Jason (who doesn't complain about much of anything) told me that he was sick and tired of having to go all the way to the master bath to pee. I figured that it was time to actually fix the problem, instead of just ignoring it.

I googled "how to fix a running toilet," watched a short youtube video, and we headed out our store of choice, Home Depot. We picked up a new flapper and crossed our fingers that it really was "universal." It fit perfectly and, voila--no more running toilet!

As is often the case, fixing one problem created another--our tank now drained completely with each flush, wasting TONS of water. I googled "how to conserve water in a toilet tank," watched a short youtube video, filled up some Gatorade bottles with rocks and water and, voila--we are now officially earth-friendly.

2 comments:

  1. there are amazing rebates for water conserving toilets out there.

    So, instead of spending a hella money on an old toilet it is often just a cheap to get a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, kids!! You should have your own TV show.

    xo

    ReplyDelete